Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another day, another 3,000 things accomplished.

I was tired just thinking about today. That was before the alarm clock even rang. I had a million things to do, arrange etc, plus it being one of my work days.

I did it. The only non-accomplished thing was gift wrapping. Again. The gifts up in my closet are starting to think they might go wrapless this year. *sigh* I wish.

Phone calls done. One to the furnace contractor to check on arrival time. 8-8:30 am. Guess that means I'd better switch getting dressed to the FIRST part of my morning routine! Don't want to scare the poor guys!! Dad needs to be here by 8:30, so he can "be here" while they are. It's a work day for me, so we had a teeny bit of conflict there.

One to the guy who blows out laneways in the village. He apparently never answers his phone, and doesn't have an answering machine, despite owning a business, so that one resulted in a call to Mom & Dad to beg them to keep trying him....as I had to work, plus my cell phone was running out of juice quickly. Mom said "Well, he was just HERE a second ago! I'll try and catch him." Guess that explains why he wasn't answering his phone! Gotta love small towns....I got home to find the path blown for the propane tanks in the side yard, so my guess is Mom was able to "hail him" from her front door in time.

One to my sister and brother-in-law's favourite garage...to see if they could fit the van in for a diagnostic on Monday. "Sure! I have openings before that, if you'd like?", says he. Gotta love small towns! The engine light is on, and it's running rough. "What time?", he asks....Oi...well, school's out, I don't have to work....I'm pretty much open that day. "Well..." says he, "If the kids are out of school and you don't have to work, you won't want to be up at the crack of dawn...how about 11???"

Gotta love small towns and smart men!

Get home from work, grab the checkbook and start running around paying bills. Taxes...check. Up to date for the first time in 3 years. Thank you, Lord.

Funeral home....check. Final payment on James' funeral done. Thanks, God.

I still need to write out the cheque for the furnace. And the propane. And the tanks.

Oi, that home equity money is running out quickly. But...once again, it's enough. The Lord provides. We never have an excess, but we always have "enough"...and that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

Ericanaysha said...

Gotta love how God takes care of all the little details. :)